Romans 1 v 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Have you become a closet Christian? You may ask how do I know? Well here is a little test. Answer truthfully and see what you score:
- Have you shared your faith with someone at work in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you posted something on Facebook about your love for God in the last two weeks?
- Have you stopped someone from blaspheming or taking the name of the Lord in vain in the last 6 weeks?
- Have yo pulled out your Bible (book not smartphone app) and read your bible in public at a restaurant or in a park etc. in the last few weeks?
If your score is 3 or 4 out of 4, then you are bold and unashamed. If your score is 1 or 2 out of four, then that’s OK. But you could certainly afford to be bolder. If your score is zero out of four, dare I say it … you are ashamed of your faith.
Now your response to this could be one of many things:
- You may say “I do share my faith, but just not lately in the time frames of the above quiz”.
- You may say “Well I show my faith in other ways, like praying for people and I don’t want to offend people, so if I am asked I will answer openly”.
- You may say “well what about you?”
I am also convicted of this as I think about myself. I don’t write this to point fingers at anyone, because I have not done too well in the above quiz.
Paul, says “I am not ashamed of the gospel (the good news) for it is the power of God to salvation.” And that’s the point. The gospel when shared is what brings people to know Jesus. Jesus told us that we are to be His witnesses.
I hope you have been challenged today. If you have been witnessing and you would like to share, please leave a comment. And God bless you all. If you have been challenged by this message, please take action and share Jesus today. If you look for opportunities, they will be there EVERY day.